Could there be negative affect on lung function slightly below average performance 1yr after being on heart and lung machine for Open Heart Surgery?

Yes, brain, heart & brain, etc. because clots form in blood while being moved through the long plastic, non-endothelium lined tubing between your chest & within the heart lung machine a few feet away from your body. Thus heparin is infused into the blood shortly after leaving you body (too much would cause excess bleeding) yet can never prevent all microscopic clots which block microcirulation after returned to body.
Unusual. There are multiple reasons for lung dysfunction after cardiac surgery especially if significant transfusions were needed and time on bypass was long. Most of these factors resolve over 1-3 months if healing is adequate and rehab is successful. Diaphragm dysfunction or lung trapping may be reasons for prolonged problems. Get a pulmonary evaluation at this point unless recovery slowed by some issue.
To a degree. depending on ore existent situation: obstructive lung disease,recent smoking, heart failure and congestion. It is common to have peri operative atelectasis, fluid shifts, blood or fluid in pleural spaces.