Recurring white bump, side of tongue. Comes every cpl wks. Looks like whitehead, scrapes my teeth, goes away in ~3 days. Pulled the head off=bleeding ?

In brief: White bump

sounds like it could be an Apthous ulcrr..
However I would definitely have it checked by your dentist when it is acute not after its healed. that would give him the best information to make a proper diagnosis

In brief: White bump

Dr. Robert Goldenberg
Dr. Robert Goldenberg
Dr. Myron Arlen
While apthous ulcers can occur on the lateral tongue, they are what they are called, "Ulcers" and not recurrent white bumps which fit the picture of inflamed taste buds.

In brief: Minor Salivary gland

Or possibly inflammed taste bud.
If it removes easily and bleeds probably the latter...taste bud. No worries : )

In brief: Minor Salivary gland

Or possibly inflammed taste bud.
Dr. Stephen Calendine
Dr. Stephen Calendine
Dr. Myron Arlen
Surgery - Oncology

In brief: Inflamed taste bud

A white bump and not an area of leukoplakia is an inflamed taste bud on side of tongue.
The taste buds are essential for tasting food, there being between 2,000 and 8,000 taste buds. The ones at the tip detect sweetness; the ones in the back detect bitterness, the sides detect saltiness and the lateral area detects sourness. If the taste buds become inflamed, it can lead to complications such as described. Warm soaks and antibiotics if needed should be considered.

In brief: Inflamed taste bud

Dr. Myron Arlen
Dr. Myron Arlen