How to wean off prilosec without causing horrible heartburn. Its no longer working for me and want off it. Please help!

Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc

In brief: Different questions

The way I read the question is that Prilosec is no longer providing relief and you would like to try something else, maybe stronger. Meds in the same class that may work better are Lansoprazole, Pantoprazole or Esomeprazole.
The most important thing is that your treating physician should be aware of your symptoms. Depending on previous work up and detailed history you may need a repeat endoscopy.

In brief: Different questions

Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc
Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc
Dr. Jack Hinkle