I am currently taking half of a 10 mg ambien (zolpidem) but after a while it no longer helps with sleep. My question is can i also take 10 mg of melatonin?

Dr. Anthony Armineous

In brief: Sleep hygiene

Ambien (zolpidem) is not recommended for long term use, you develop tolerance After a period of time.
The best advise I can give is to develop what is called a sleep hygiene , I mean by that is going to bed every night @ the same time and waking up every morning @ the same time, avoid any stimulus including TV, computers, smart phones. I also recommend avoiding sleeping aids, like in your case Ambien (zolpidem).

In brief: Sleep hygiene

Dr. Anthony Armineous
Dr. Anthony Armineous