If my mma training finishes at 10pm should I eat fast burning carbohidrates after it to promote muscle recovery? O shouldnt I , because its too late?

Dr. Marjorie Delo
Sports Medicine

In brief: Low glycemic index

Post-workout you need protein for muscle growth and recovery, carbs - but preferentially low glycemic index carbs - to replace your glycogen stores for your next workout, and hydration to replace electrolytes and water lost with sweating.
You don't want to eat too many calories before sleep, but you also want your body to recover well for your next round of training.

In brief: Low glycemic index

Dr. Marjorie Delo
Dr. Marjorie Delo
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine