6 days missed period and a negative hpt but a positive ovulation test. What does this mean?

Hormonal imbalance. Menstrual irregularities are not uncommon and anovulatory cycle is a common cause. If you miss more than two periods it would be time to see your doctor. If you do not wish to be pregnant, use contraception all the time. You may consider implanted contraceptive or an IUD. Consult this site for more information on this topic. http://www.nichd.nih.gov/health/topics/menstruation/conditioninfo/Pages/causes.aspx Practice safe sex. Get HPV vaccine.
Delayed period or. a pregnancy. Take a blood test a week later to make sure it is not a pregnancy. If you do not get your period by that time or it means that reading of the ovulation test is not correct or the test did not work correctly and you had an anovulatory cycle.