I discoveredthat my ed condition is caused by arterial insufficiency on the left side of my penis. The right side is ok. Is pentoxifyline a lower cost alternative? How about shockwave treatment?

Dr. Bennett Werner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Lower than what?

Lower cost than what? Pentoxiflyline 400 mg 3X a day as a generic meds cost $120 a month and is indicated for claudication, not ED.
I'm not aware that either pentoxifyline or shock wave treatment is effective. How was the diagnosis made? If you had an arteriogram, I suspect angioplasty is your best bet, but at your age, 37, I suspect either you have small vessel disease or the dx is wrong.

In brief: Lower than what?

Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology