I am struggling with bad breath. I do not know for how long this has been going on but I started noticing peoples reaction about 8months ago.?

Treat the cause. Halitosis can be caused by many things, so a visit to your dentist and physician would be a great place to start. Once the cause is found, appropriate therapy can begin.
Get evaluated. there are many potential causes of halitosis. In order to elucidate your cause, you need an evaluation by both your dentist and your primary care doctor. These evaluations should be able to narrow down potential causes and figure out a solution for you. Good luck.
Bad breath. can result from inadequate oral hygiene or bed habits and may be a sign of other health problems. See your dentist for Halimeter test, diagnosis and bad breath treatment that depends on its cause. Good luck.