I have hypothyroidism and take levothyroxine fasting every day. I heard I need to stay 30 minutes without eating after taking the medicine. Is true?

Dr. Jessica Allan

In brief: Yes sensitive med

Administer in the morning on an empty stomach at least 30 to 60 minutes before food.
Separate the dose from other vitamins and certain medications (review with pharm) by 4 hours. Also be aware that Soybean flour, soy, grapefruit juice, espresso coffee, cottonseed meal, walnuts, dietary fiber may interfere with absorption of levothyroxine.

In brief: Yes sensitive med

Dr. Jessica Allan
Dr. Jessica Allan
Dr. Albert Pizzo

In brief: Levothyroxine dose

It is recommended to take levothyroxine dose in the morning .
Some physicians recommend taking dose two hours before eating, but at least 30 min. before eating.

In brief: Levothyroxine dose

Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Shahruq Sarela

In brief: Levithyroxine

Yes it's true you should take this medication only with water and that's it.
I recommend just 15 minutes but the key thing is not with food. The absorbption will go done and this the effectiveness of the drug.

In brief: Levithyroxine

Dr. Shahruq Sarela
Dr. Shahruq Sarela
Dr. John Rhoades

In brief: De[ends

It variable depending on the med given and the manufacturer. You will have to ask your pharmacist this question as they know the manufacturer.

In brief: De[ends

Dr. John Rhoades
Dr. John Rhoades
Dr. Peter Kurzweil