Hi,I had a chin implant few years ago but I think my chin is still a little bit small and I don't want surgeries.is it ok if I use fillers on it?

Dr. Richard Galitz
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: Fillers over implant

If the implant is a solid silastic or silicone implant there is no problem augmenting the chin now with fillers.
If you have a liquid filled implant there would be the risk of rupturing it and this should be avoided. My personal advice is to remove the present implant and replace it with a larger one. This is very easy to do as most of the pocket and dissection is already done after removal .

In brief: Fillers over implant

Dr. Richard Galitz
Dr. Richard Galitz
Dr. Louis Mes
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Fillers are fine!

The use of filler products in the hands of well trained doctors and their personnel is an excellent adjunct to surgery and they are generally safe and effective.
All fillers can develop granulomas that show up as painful, inflamed lumps but this rare when the injections are done properly and with the hyaluronic acid products like Juvederm, Restylane (dermal fillers) and others the situation is treatable.

In brief: Fillers are fine!

Dr. Louis Mes
Dr. Louis Mes
Dr. Marsha Davis