How long am I contagious w pneumonia? I have been on doxycycline for 7 days & today is the last. fever only the 1st day.When should I get immunization

Dr. Julie Abbott
Preventive Medicine

In brief: Not contagious..

There is not an absolute moment one can predict when one is no longer contagious with an infectious disease like pneumonia.
We generally believe and say it is when you no longer have a fever. After 7 days on antibiotics, you are likely not contagious. While having had pneumonia (unless you have an underlying chronic disease) is not an indication for the vaccine, many docs would give..anytime now.

In brief: Not contagious..

Dr. Julie Abbott
Dr. Julie Abbott
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology