Is dull constant pain after open femoral hernia repair six weeks after normal? I had no pain up until two weeks ago. Now pain is constant.

Call surgeon. Since you are not getting better, and in fact, worse, call your surgeon about it The doc doing the procedure is the one to ask, since all the important details of your operation are known to him/her.
Not normal. It is not unusual to have pain for a few weeks after a repair like this, however if you were pain free then pain returned that could be an indication that something has happened to the repair. See your surgeon as soon as possible.
S EE SURGEON ASAP. you need to see your surgeon ASAP. depend how your hernia is repaired. femoral hernia has the highest recurrence rate. in open old fashion repair the rate can go as high as 40-50 % in open tension free hernia repain using a screen, the rate can be up to 30% in laproscopic hernia repair the rate can be as low as 5-8%. so se your surgeon, your pain is not normal. good luck.