Daughter is almost 4 and has to have a CT with contrast.I know she won't drink the mixture so do they have other ways of giving it to her?

Dr. Susan Hoffman

In brief: Drinking contrast

Hi, I would ask the radiology center if they have a contrast with a delicious flavor..
. you might be surprised. They have all kinds of tricks to get the young ones to drink it and like it. If she absolutely refuses, they might put a nasogastric tube (through her nose down to her stomach), after being mildly sedated, and put the contrast directly into her stomach. But first I would call and ask.

In brief: Drinking contrast

Dr. Susan Hoffman
Dr. Susan Hoffman
Dr. Adam Levy