What are the pee shivers and why do they happen? It's the tingly, feel-good shiver you get when/after you pee. I heard they could be connected to your ability to orgasm.

Dr. Edward Seegers

In brief: Pee shivers

Hi Tina 919, that is a remarkably good question and so I had to think a bit about it.
I dont know for sure but it has to be due to some sort of generalised muscle response (sympathetic NS) to the the increase in stimulus from parasympathetic NS which is needed to relax the bladder muscles to urinate. So parasym relaxes bladder equal and oppposite sympathetic reaction causes shuddering. The parasym

In brief: Pee shivers

Dr. Edward Seegers
Dr. Edward Seegers