How likely is it for a kid with ASD to regress at age 4? Son has been making huge progress since diagnosis 14 months ago but last few days scare me.

Dr. Natalie Hodge

In brief: Pervasive Disability

I hate that you are seeing regression the last several days in your child with ASD, keep working hard on social skills training and his therapies, speech, OT, even PT in certain cases.
Intensive Social Skills training helps teach your child the behaviors that come natural to the rest of us "neurotypicals". Could he have an emerging illness? Sore throat? Fever? Bad day at school? Earache?

In brief: Pervasive Disability

Dr. Natalie Hodge
Dr. Natalie Hodge
Dr. Shontae Buffington