Twitching in my left eyelid and right upper lip...It's been happening 100's of times everyday for 3 days. Just began Wellbutrin (bupropion) 1wk ago. Side effect?

Dr. Constance Okeke
Ophthalmology

In brief: Could be

Myokymia is a very common eye condition resulting in eyelid twitching that typically occurs related to excessive amounts of caffeine, stress, and/or fatigue.
It can be also related to having dry eyes. Typically a neuro ophthalmologist or also a oculoplastics specialist can treat this condition if not resolved after attempting to reduce the common causes. Try to relax. I hope it gets better soon!

In brief: Could be

Dr. Constance Okeke
Dr. Constance Okeke
Dr. Rick Barnett
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Possibly...

Could be side effect though must take into account if the symptoms, for which Bupropion is being taken, may be improving or are expected to improve.
Also, see if there are other unpleasant side effects. This medication can be quite activating for some (even lowers seizure threshold in high doses) so continue to be vigilant. Good question!

In brief: Possibly...

Dr. Rick Barnett
Dr. Rick Barnett