Is passive smoking a true concern?

Dr.

Passive smoking causes same problems as with active smoking .
Increases risk for children to get bronchiolitis , frequent flare up of asthma, risk of COPD , etc .

Dr.
Pathology

I've autopsied two wives who've died of typical smoker-style lung cancer though they were non-smokers whose husbands love cigars.
Smoking in the home greatly exacerbates kids' asthma. It is totally obnoxious to non-smokers. Some political claims (i.e., that it kills 50,000 Americans yearly) are obviously not true, but it's still a real problem.