I had a kidney stone about 6 months ago. I currently still get some pain off and on in the same area is that normal after having a kidney stone?

In brief: Not normal
You need to discuss this with your doctor to ensure you don't have recurrent stones or other kidney problem. Could be other sources of pain in the same area including muscloskeletal pain that need to evaluated.

In brief: Not normal
Dr. Matthew Thom
Dr. Matthew Thom
Dr. Michael Yu
Urology
In brief: Passed?
Did you pass the stone? If not, it may still be there.
If yes, then there could be some scarring of the ureter if the stone was large or if it took some time to pass. You probably need some imaging to evaluate the problem.

In brief: Passed?
Dr. Michael Yu
Dr. Michael Yu
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine