Is there one best home remedy for a tooth ache?

In brief: No remedy

You can take otc pain meds for a short time while waiting for a dental appointment, but there is nothing you can do to resolve your need for dental treatment.
I hope you have already called for an appoinment since things can only get worse, not better. Feel better soon...

In brief: No remedy

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Robert Landman
Dentistry

In brief: No

Eventually you will get to the point that the home remedies dont work, you will ultimately feel "unpleasant", and consequently the post treatment course at the dentist will be equally unpleasant .
Get to the dentist as soon as you can,

In brief: No

Get to the dentist as soon as you can,
Dr. Robert Landman
Dr. Robert Landman
Dr. James LoCascio
Dentistry - Endodontics

In brief: Clove oil

For many years people have been using clove oil applied to a tooth to ease pain.
However this is only temporaya, and you should see a dentis as soon as possible.

In brief: Clove oil

Dr. James LoCascio
Dr. James LoCascio
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine