I would like to know about milk thisel goods anf bads?

Dr. J. Yusuf Erskine
Holistic Medicine

In brief: (Silybum marianum)

I believe this question is about milk thistle not milk.
Milk thistle (silybum marianum) can help reduce liver inflammation whether from diseases such as hepatitis or from drug interactions and side effects. However, milk thistle may also interfere with some drugs that are metabolized via the liver, so discuss this with your health care practitioner.

In brief: (Silybum marianum)

Dr. J. Yusuf Erskine
Dr. J. Yusuf Erskine
Dr. Paul Hartlaub
Preventive Medicine

In brief: Mostly good

Cows milk is a good source of protein and calcium.
It is not a great source of iron, because it is not absorbed very well, and young children can become anemic (low blood count) if they drink only cows milk. The down side is that it has a fair amount of saturated fat in it, which is not the healthies form of fat. Bottom line: it is fine for most, but except for infants, low fat is probably better.

In brief: Mostly good

Dr. Paul Hartlaub
Dr. Paul Hartlaub
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham