Noticable change in stools,Foul smell accompanied with blood in stool and white mucus and infrequent bowel movements.what could this be at 24 yrs old?

Dr. Andrew Seibert
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: Blood in stool

The combination of blood in the stool with accompanying mucus is possibly suggestive of some form of inflammation of the colon, or colitis.
There are also other possibilities, but since it is such a big change in your normal stool appearance, I would recommend you see your doctor as soon as you can. Good luck.

In brief: Blood in stool

Dr. Andrew Seibert
Dr. Andrew Seibert
Dr. Andrew Seibert
You may end up needing a referral to a gastroenterologist. No need to ask for any particular tests--your doctor and/or the GI doctor will know what to recommend, based on your symptoms.
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine