90 year old female on Ciprofloxacin pill and Vancomycin injection for 8 days. Would it be normal for her to be extremely tired, weak and depressed?

Dr. Jovita Anyanwu

In brief: Tired

and weakness could be due the overwhelming infection.
But Depression is a diagnosis that requires some clinical information beyond the acute illness

In brief: Tired

Dr. Jovita Anyanwu
Dr. Jovita Anyanwu
Dr. Krishna Kumar

In brief: Medication effects

I feel empathy for your depression Ciprofloxacin and Vancomycin are Antibiotics for treatment of infections Side effects of both medications can be tiredness, weakness and depression Vancomycin can cause anemia which will increase tiredness Tiredness and weakness can also be due to depression See Infectious disease specialist for further use of Antibiotics See Psychiatrist for depression

In brief: Medication effects

Dr. Krishna Kumar
Dr. Krishna Kumar
Dr. Adam Levy