I had a mole on back biopsied. Dr said it was very very slightly atypical, so she wants to recheck in 6 mos. if it grows back, is this a bad sign?

Dr. Susan Rhoads

In brief: Not necessarily.

Did she take out the whole mole or just biopsy part of it? Knowing that would help us answer the question properly.
Get your follow-up as scheduled. But if it changes rapidly, call and see if you should go back sooner.

In brief: Not necessarily.

Dr. Susan Rhoads
Dr. Susan Rhoads
Dr. Jerome Litt
Dermatology

In brief: ATYPICAL MOLE

YOU HAVE A VERY WISE AND CAUTIOUS DOCTOR. IT IS NOT A BAD SIGN.
THE CHANCES ARE IT IS BENIGN, BUT YOUR DOCTOR WANTS TO BE CERTAIN. I AM SURE SHE MEASURED IT, MAYBE TOOK A PHOTO. DONT FRET ABOUT IT. ALL WILL BE WELL . . .

In brief: ATYPICAL MOLE

Dr. Jerome Litt
Dr. Jerome Litt
Dr. Edgar Mendizabal

In brief: He is not too

concerned so you will be OK

In brief: He is not too

concerned so you will be OK
Dr. Edgar Mendizabal
Dr. Edgar Mendizabal
Dr. Adam Levy