How long does THC stay in a unborn babies digestive track, I'm due august 18, will he be clean by then..

Dr. John Moranville

In brief: Depends

We would need to know when you last used and for how long.
And the source and potency of THC and how you consumed it. I am not sure about how it is filtered through the placenta, but it would be blood not just digestive tract. The more important is effects on development which may be low birth weight or other more serious issues

In brief: Depends

Dr. John Moranville
Dr. John Moranville
Dr. Patricia Foster

In brief: Lasting effects

I hope you get help as soon as possible to stop smoking THC today.
Please read: http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/can-marijuana-use-during-pregnancy-harm-baby

In brief: Lasting effects

Dr. Patricia Foster
Dr. Patricia Foster

In brief: It will be there

If you end up on the watch list with Child & Family services, I am required in my state to look for drugs.
Urine from you & baby can be clean but a study of the first poo is sensitive enough to show exposures from several months back.They don't look routinely, so just don't trigger any suspicion or you may have trouble. In my state, baby goes to foster care and you face child endangerment charges

In brief: It will be there

Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology