I have a copper IUD for going on two years my periods are really heavy, I spot after sex and my husband says he can fell it is there something wrong?

Dr. John Green

In brief: IUD

Periods can be heavier after an iud.
Yes, they can partially slip out and be felt diring sex. You need a check by a family doctoror or ob/gyn. If it is partially out, it may not prevent pregnancy.

In brief: IUD

Periods can be heavier after an iud.
Dr. John Green
Dr. John Green
Dr. Jeff Livingston
I agree. The strings from a copper IUD are really soft. If your husband feels something the IUD may be too low in the uterus. This is easy to figure out with a simple pelvic exam or sonogram.
Dr. Miguel Cano

In brief: Probably

The copper iud can cause all of the above.
You should be examined to make sure the iud isn't displaced, infected, or eroding into the uterine wall or endocervical canal. If you're having pain, your doc should remove it and provide an alternative birth control.

In brief: Probably

Dr. Miguel Cano
Dr. Miguel Cano
Dr. Slade Suchecki

In brief: Feeling it..

Your husband feeling it may be a sign the string needs to be moved or trimmed.
See your provider.

In brief: Feeling it..

See your provider.
Dr. Slade Suchecki
Dr. Slade Suchecki
Dr. Adam Levy