I have muscle spasms all over my body all day every day for almost two years now what is the cause of this ?What should I do?

Dr. Gregory Harvey
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: May be rheumatologic

This is certainly a difficult problem to live with for two years.
There may be different etiologies for your problem. It could be rheumatologic, neurologic, or even a reaction from a medication. I suggest you start with an evaluation by your primary care doctor and then get a referral to a neurologist or rheumatologist if needed.

In brief: May be rheumatologic

Dr. Gregory Harvey
Dr. Gregory Harvey
Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Myofascial pain

Muscle spasms may be due to myofascial pain.
The most common cause of widespread myofascial pain is fibromyalagia. Fibromyalgia is a chronic pain syndrome with widespread pain associated with poor exercise, poor sleep and/or poor psychiatric status. Each on these need to be evaluated to see if they pertain to you. To get help you need such an evaluation.

In brief: Myofascial pain

Dr. John Goldman
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. William Robertson
Sports Medicine

In brief: Could be electrolyte

Could be electrolyte issue or low vitamin d level.
See your primary care md and have some labs drawn.

In brief: Could be electrolyte

Dr. William Robertson
Dr. William Robertson
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine