I am taking Eliquis and I had to have a stent in my leg and am now on clopidogrel as well. Is it necessary to take both. I really bleed easily.

Dr. Bennett Werner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Eliquis

If you're taking Eliquis for atrial fibrillation and now have had a stent placed, you do need both as they work by different mechanisms and are used for different indications.
You are entirely justified to be worried about bleeding and should pray that doesn't happen as you would have to stop 1 or both which would increase your risk of a clotting complication. Good luck!

In brief: Eliquis

Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology