Am post-stroke, read of botox for spasticity. What are the potential negatives? Should I discuss with neurologist, or another type of doctor?

Maybe beneficial. Botox has been shown to be an effective treatment for spasticity caused by a stroke. The negatives would br that it could work too well and cause weakness. If this were to be the case it would be transient. You could also have an allergic reaction to it but this is rare. Another negative is its cost and the fact that your insurance may not cover it. A neurologist or physiatrist would give it.
May benefit. BOTOX is approved for upper extremity, not so yet for leg, but could be of substantial value. Does not always work as well as one might hope, and could lead to more weakness if dosed too high. May be of temporary benefit as needs repeat in 3-4 months. Also, insurance may not be happy with cost.