I feel something moving in my stomach and I've been constipated for a little over a week, I also get waves of nausea. I haven't had unprotected sex either, I'm on the pill and we use a condom every time. What's going on?

Dr. J. Yusuf Erskine
Holistic Medicine

In brief: Constipation

Exercise, more fluids, and more fiber in your diet.

In brief: Constipation

Dr. J. Yusuf Erskine
Dr. J. Yusuf Erskine
Dr. Lauren Gerson
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: Constipation

The constipation may be causing the nausea.
You may be constipated because of a recent stomach flu and dehydration. For constipation, you can use over the counter miralax (polyethylene glycol). If you look at the Bristol stool scale, your stools should be Bristol type 4. If the symptoms don't improve, see your doctor for further blood work to look for other causes like thyroid disease and diabetes.

In brief: Constipation

Dr. Lauren Gerson
Dr. Lauren Gerson
Dr. Adam Levy