I am a healthy, relatively fit 62-year old professional. I have regular annual physicals and physical prostate exams. However, my father died at age 67 from prostate cancer. Would you recommend I get a PSA test? I have heard mixed opinions on the value of

Dr. Thomas Mcgowan

In brief: Difficult

tough to answer in 400 letters or less.
Each individual has to look at the test for them. If you are healthy, I would get the PSA test yearly along with exam. It is a tool, not the Bible. PSA can fluctuate but if you would see a rise in number too quickly, that would raise alarms to consider a biopsy. In your case, I would check PSA yearly.

In brief: Difficult

tough to answer in 400 letters or less.
Dr. Thomas Mcgowan
Dr. Thomas Mcgowan
Dr. William Forsythe