What is the likely hood of GERD and Chronic Heart burn Causing Esophageal cancer? I lost my father to it.. and am 29.. and being treated for GERD. :(

Dr. David Earle
Surgery

In brief: Extremely low

Having said that, if you develop complications related to GERD, such as damage to the esophageal lining (esophagitis or ulcers), bleeding, a stricture, or something called Barrett's esophagus, you should think strongly about an endoscopic or surgical anti-reflux procedure.
For now, make sure to get an upper endoscopy once you've had symptoms for about 5 years to make sure. Or sooner if problems..

In brief: Extremely low

Dr. David Earle
Dr. David Earle
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology