What is the treatment of hepatospleenomegaly. My one year old child is affected with this disease and having metabolic storage disorder.

Dr. Harold Fields

In brief: Liver

I think I would get the advice of a pediatrician who specializes I liver disease who would be able to give you answers to that question

In brief: Liver

Dr. Harold Fields
Dr. Harold Fields

In brief: GET INFORMATION

There are many storage diseases and some have hepatospleenomegaly.
Their body does not make an enzyme that prevents the "storage", so the problem occurs. For most there is no treatment other than keeping them comfortable.A discussion of your child's problem with the metabolic disease specialist can allow you to understand more.Most have a limited lifespan.

In brief: GET INFORMATION

Dr. Katharine Cox
Pediatrics - Emergency Medicine

In brief: Storage disorder

The treatment is the management of the metabolic storage disorder and to manage any of the complications and infection needs that go with a large liver and spleen.
Follow up with the genetics team for management of future pregnancies. All the best. I know this must be difficult.

In brief: Storage disorder

Dr. Katharine Cox
Dr. Katharine Cox
Dr. Cindy Juster