How 2 explain my 5yr old that he has 2 older ½ sisters(16 & 19 yr old) not in our lives, that my hubby had on a previous relation? All r frm same dad

In brief: Matter of fact
Don't make it a big deal, and it won't be to your 5yo.
You might start by creating a photo album of his family: mom, dad, gma, gpa, etc. Include some cousins, aunts, uncles that he may not know along with the 1/2 sibs-just label each photo as you come to it. "this is aunt judy and her kids, these are your 1/2 sisters jill &sue.

In brief: Matter of fact
Dr. Ronda Dennis-Smithart
Dr. Ronda Dennis-Smithart
Dr. Bryan Levey
In brief: Just tell him...
Gently, and in language that's understandable to a five year old.
"you have two sisters, they are your daddy's children just like you are, but we don't really get to see them very much. I hope someday you get to meet them.".

In brief: Just tell him...
Dr. Bryan Levey
Dr. Bryan Levey
Dr. Cindy Juster