I have congenital adrenal hypoplasia and the older I get the more tired I feel all the time. I am just curious if there is anything to help with this?

Dr. Robert MULLER
Gynecology

In brief: Tiredness secondary

Would recommedn have your doctor refer you to a endocrinologist for evaluation and direct your question to some one totally qualified in that field.

In brief: Tiredness secondary

Dr. Robert MULLER
Dr. Robert MULLER
2 comments
Dr. Scott Beard
This is quite a complex problem. Of course fatigue is common as we age and metabolism slows, aerobic exercise and weight training are ways to "fight back" against his physiologic process of aging. if female, hormone replacement might be in order . but really a complex panel of hormonal evaluation and monitroing are important for this condition. Commonly weight is a big issue for CAH patients.
Dr. RADHA SYED
I was unclear if the patient said she had Congenital Adrenal HYPOplasia(not sure if this entity exists) or CAH(congenital adrenal HYPER plasia-which is more likely and is associated with Androgen excess,hirsutism,adrenogenital syndrome with male type of conversion of female genitalia.Fatigue is not one of the outstanding signs of the condition and I agree with Dr Beard about this issue.
Dr. Carolyn Quist
Gynecology

In brief: Probably

The adrenal glands are known for producing cortisol but have effects on other hormones.
Hypoplasia is a lack of development of the adrenals and hyperplasia is usually a disorder that limits the production of various hormones due to enzyme problems. It is important to differentiate which problem is present and then have blood tests to determine what hormones need replacing. See an endocrinologist.

In brief: Probably

Dr. Carolyn Quist
Dr. Carolyn Quist
Dr. Shontae Buffington