Possibly have a cold sore, kissed girlfriend who doesn't have one and then she gave oral sex. I'm very worried. What is the odds I get genital herpes?

Dr. Brian Nguyen

In brief: Viral exposure

The oral herpes virus is very common and can unfortunately manifest as lesions on post the lips and the genitals.
if either of you has the virus and have engaged in oral sex, then transmission is possible. Nevertheless if you maintain good health and community than the likelihood of recurrence and symptoms will be low. Fortunately herpes is treatable, but you guys should talk about it together.

In brief: Viral exposure

In brief: She would have to

be infected to transmit it to you.

In brief: She would have to

be infected to transmit it to you.