I've been having dull persistent pain in my chest, can't tell if its lungs, ribs, or muscles. What could it be? What tests should my doctor run?

Dr. Budi Bahureksa
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Talk to your doctor
You need to get a complete physical exam and your doctor will discuss with you for the test/s that you may need --.

In brief: Talk to your doctor
Dr. Budi Bahureksa
Dr. Budi Bahureksa
Dr. Irv Loh
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Rule out worst case
Many of these symptoms are chest wall or gastrointestinal in origin, but your doctor needs to rule out the worst case scenarios, like cardiovascular or tumors, etc.
An ecg, stress test, echo and simple chest x-ray to start. Gi studies can follow, but sometimes empiric analgesics, antacids and a tincture of time may suffice. A simple discussion and exam with your doctor is prudent.

In brief: Rule out worst case
Dr. Irv Loh
Dr. Irv Loh
Dr. Eric Weisman