I took Sudafed, Flonase and Afrin (oxymetazoline) but getting no relief for allergy congestion, can I take Claritin on top of the other meds?

Dr. Corey Clay
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Afrin (oxymetazoline)?

You need to see an expert to determine the cause of the congestion and confirm that it is related to allergy.
If you have been taking Afrin (oxymetazoline) for more than 5 days consecutively, then the persistent congestion is most likely now caused by the Afrin (oxymetazoline) (it causes sensitization and "rebound congestion"). Claritin can be added safely, but it may not be effective if underlying issue not addressed

In brief: Afrin (oxymetazoline)?

Dr. Adam Smith