I have had a very slight case of gynecomastia all my life. Possibly caused by allergy medication?

Dr. Janet Turkle
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Many causes

Many causes have been postulated for gynecomastia.
Most fall under the category of "cause unknown".

In brief: Many causes

Dr. Janet Turkle
Dr. Janet Turkle
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Not a common cause

Other than steroids, I am not aware of any common allergy drugs that are associated with the development of gynecomastia.
For a list of some medications linked to gynecomastia, go to: http://www.Livestrong.Com/article/175328-drugs-that-could-cause-gynecomastia/.

In brief: Not a common cause

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Jason Lichten
In addition to steroids, marijuana use and obesity are among the most common causes of gynecomastia.
Dr. Tom Pousti
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Many Causes

Gynecomastia comes from the greek meaning "gyne" meaning woman and  "mastos"  meaning breasts.
 it refers to abnormal development of large mammary glands in males. Although there may be many “causes”, most cases are idiopathic (no specific cause). The use of certain medications, drugs, organ dysfunction (kidney or liver), hormonal imbalances etc. May also be causative.

In brief: Many Causes

Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery