Could taking cod liver oil cause your heart rate to spike and blood pressure or would that just be anxiety and OCD worrying about the vitamins A&D?

Cod liver oil. In the U.S., it is unlikely to have significant deficiencies of either vitamin A or D. There is usually no need to take cod liver oil or any other supplement of these vitamins. Having said that, cod liver oil does not usually cause the symptoms you're describing. They certainly could be due to anxiety. I would stop the cod liver oil, and if the symptoms persist, see your doctor. Good luck.