What role does having a hysterectomy without hormone replacement play in weight gain? Can taking hormones help in losing weight?

Weight gain. Hysterectomy does not cause weight gain and hormones don't help with weight loss. After an evaluation to make sure that your thyroid is okay, exercise and calorie restriction help with weight gain.
Hysterectomy? I am asking this because, often people associate hysterectormy as removal of uterus and ovaries. This not true hysterectomy is just removal of the uterus.If the the ovaries were removed- you could have some potential weight gain from the loss of hormones from your ovaries. With appropriate counseling topical hormone treatment can help a woman feel better and healthy and perhaps help your loss.