What role does having a hysterectomy without hormone replacement play in weight gain? Can taking hormones help in losing weight?

Dr. Mary Vanko

In brief: Weight gain

Hysterectomy does not cause weight gain and hormones don't help with weight loss.
After an evaluation to make sure that your thyroid is okay, exercise and calorie restriction help with weight gain.

In brief: Weight gain

Dr. Mary Vanko
Dr. Mary Vanko
Dr. Marci Dietrich
Bariatrics

In brief: Hysterectomy?

I am asking this because, often people associate hysterectormy as removal of uterus and ovaries.
This not true hysterectomy is just removal of the uterus.If the the ovaries were removed- you could have some potential weight gain from the loss of hormones from your ovaries. With appropriate counseling topical hormone treatment can help a woman feel better and healthy and perhaps help your loss.

In brief: Hysterectomy?

Dr. Marci Dietrich
Dr. Marci Dietrich
2 comments
Dr. Marci Dietrich
ask me more questions, i can help you. Dr. marci Dietrich
Dr. Marci Dietrich
Dr. Marci Dietrich You ARE NOT A BIG MESS!!! Please stop thinking that way. You need emotional support. Please check your region for doctors rhat check homome levels like cortisol, testosterone, insulinl levels not just estrogen, what about the emtional stress in your like not just about the weight? do you have a supportive spouse economic difficult..homone replacement treatments are not equal
Dr. Jane Van Dis