I have had a rather large and deep blackhead on my inner cheek for the last 8 months. I have tried everything, including professional extractions. The extractions remove some, but not all of the plug. I just got a little fractional co2 laser on the pore,

Dr. Joseph Mele
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Cyst

When pores are plugs repeatedly or over a long period of time they can dilate into a cyst.
Extractions only remove the contents, so the cyst will refill. If repeated decompressions are not helping, you may need the cyst sac removed to prevent further problems. Superficial treatments, like CO2 laser, may cause the pore to close, and lead to infection.

In brief: Cyst

Dr. Joseph Mele
Dr. Joseph Mele