I have had a wrist injury for 2 months that hasn't healed even with exercises given by a Doc. Pain only appears when using force. Do i need surgery?

Dr. Ki-Hon Lin
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Possibly

A definitive diagnosis would be needed first.
X-rays and/or MRI are typically done to establish a diagnosis for the cause of the wrist pain, and then a decision could be made about surgery. In many cases, a brief course of immobilization (i.e. wrist splint) and/or steroid injections (in addition to the therapy/exercises you are doing) may be effective treatments prior to considering surgery

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Ki-Hon Lin
Dr. Ki-Hon Lin
Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Depends

It depends very much on the specific nature of the injury.
It is possible it may just need more time, or it could be that due to the nature of the injury that it may never heal and that surgery is required. I would discuss this directly with your physician.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. John Walker
You need to get some follow up X-rays to check for a scaphoid non-union, common with wrist injuries.
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine