16 m.o. son, reactive airway disease, needs PE tubes, I'm afraid of anesthesia and it's effect on his RAD.?

Just let them know. RAD is not a reason not to have tubes, I have even used general anesthesia to stop a status asthmaticus in a kid with bad asthma (worked well when nothing else did). As long as the anesthesiologist knows the kids past history they can modify any plans they need to.
Discuss with ENT. Reactive airway disease is a nondiscriptive term often used to describe kids that have been treated for wheezing, but that may not meet criteria for diagnosis of asthma. Often, this occurs in setting of viral respiratory infection. Risk is likely similar to that for kids without diagnosis of RAD. If there was a caustic inhalation exposure causing airway disease, then there may be additional risk.