Would lymphoma in a 4 yo present with only one swollen lymph node under jaw? He also has a perforated ear drum on the same side. Could that cause it?

Dr. Natalie Hodge

In brief: Nope

I would not expect the individual node to be likely for lymphoma in your child at this age.
You are astute in suspecting it is related 2 the tm perforation. This is not the exact location the tm perf would cause a node, however, the illness that precipitated the perf in the first place could definitely lead to "reactive adenopathy" in that region. ( lymph nodes that react to fight infections)

In brief: Nope

Dr. Cindy Juster