How do i know if my infection tooth is spreading I'm on amoxcillin. I now have a sore ear and throat. Is it spreading? I don't see an abscess. HELP!

Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: See a dentist ASAP

If you rely on antibiotics or other not a definitive treatment, the tooth infection always will come back.
Dentist/oral surgeon will treat a tooth infection by treating the cause and getting rid of the infection. Do not delay. See your oral surgeon ASAP. Good luck.

In brief: See a dentist ASAP

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Kevin Nail
Dentistry

In brief: Tooth infection

It could be spreading.
Go see a dentist immediately for evaluation before you have a more serious problem. Get treatment on the offending tooth

In brief: Tooth infection

It could be spreading.
Dr. Kevin Nail
Dr. Kevin Nail

In brief: Abscess

See an abscess? Can you see high blood pressure or diabetes? You've got a tooth infection and now you have symptoms that can indicate that it is spreading.
Call the dentist who prescribed the amoxicillin for you... if you are self medicating, then you still need to call a local dentist. Drugs cannot replace dental treatment.

In brief: Abscess

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine