Mcrc patient , what can b done if chemo has failed ( both oxyplatin and irinotecan ) and liver and peritoneal mets?

Dr. Myron Arlen
Surgery - Oncology

In brief: Other approaches

Addition of bevacizumab to oxaliplatin, fluorouracil, and leucovorin improves survival for patients with previously treated metastatic colorectal cancer Even with improved response, if areas of debulking can be performed for large masses, this reduces inhibitory molecules which allows improved immune reactivity.
For peritoneal mets, hyperthermic perfusion with platinum drugs helps

In brief: Other approaches

Dr. Myron Arlen
Dr. Myron Arlen
Dr. Corey Clay
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: See comment for link

I am very sorry to hear that you are managing with this challenging diagnosis.
I have limited knowledge of the now highly individualized treatment options for advanced crc, but want to provide a link that lists many of the current treatment strategies that you will discuss with your oncologist moving forward. You are likely learning all of the jargon, but please post any further queries that arise

In brief: See comment for link

Dr. Corey Clay
Dr. Corey Clay
Dr. Corey Clay
http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/2005487-overview
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery