I popped or maybe ruptured my bursa sac by getting hit by a pitch last night. I just need to know details of what that means ?

Dr. John Michel

In brief: Which one?

A bursa is a fluid filled sac that is for reducing pressure and wear on a joint.
Did not say which one you struck. If it was already fluid filled then it may have been irritated.. There is nothing to do now except wait and see the final result of what has happened. If it remains swollen then put ice on it for now and wait. See the ortho if followup if it remains swollen Best wishes.

In brief: Which one?

Dr. John Michel
Dr. John Michel
Dr. William Forsythe