I have been very gasy for the past month and I don't know why. Why is that?

Dr. Jan Rakinic
Surgery - Colorectal

In brief: Probably diet

Digestion is aided by bacteria in the digestive tract.
One of the products of their work is intestinal gas. This is normal. Sometimes we feel that we have more gas, usually after foods like legumes (beans and peas) or complex carbohydrates. Try moderating your intake of these foods if they cause you discomfort.

In brief: Probably diet

Dr. Jan Rakinic
Dr. Jan Rakinic
Dr. Abby Caplin
You can try adding yogurt to your diet in case the intestinal flora has gotten a bit out of balance.
Dr. Jeffrey Barke

In brief: Nutrition!

Gas is caused by the digestion and fermentation of food in your gut.
Try taking a pro-biotic such as align for a few weeks. Also consider stopping dairy for awhile as well. Check in with your family doc if your not improving.

In brief: Nutrition!

Dr. Jeffrey Barke
Dr. Jeffrey Barke