Why does my vision get blurry when I take my prescribed adder all? is it because of high blood pressure? i am a healthy 23 year old female .

Dr. Bennett Werner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Worrisome

Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) can cause severe high blood pressure in susceptible people.
If your vision is blurry due to high blood pressure from Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine), it's not safe for you to continue it. Please obtain a BP cuff ($50 in most pharmacies or borrow one from a friend) and check your BP when you get the blurriness. If it's >160 (top) or >100 (bottom) number, stop the Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) and check with your the prescriber.

In brief: Worrisome

Dr. Steven Seres