Female, 51 - a tree fell on my back 2.6 wks ago. Immediate ct scan and xray showed no fractures. Still in excruciating pain on right thoracic side. How long will it take to heal, and could something have been missed? My PA wants an MRI

Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Upgrade?

Your PA may be right to seek more info and it might be good to step up to a more trained pro if there are any findings.
Before anyone could even give a range for healing duration, you need a full DX. Symptomatic pain relief to some degree may be possible with meds, devices, massage, acupuncture, hypnosis, etc. Get the MRI info and move ahead.

In brief: Upgrade?

Dr. Lynne Weixel
Dr. Lynne Weixel
Dr. Amrit Singh
No need for any further testing it may 4 to six weeks for paint to go away you may take some pain pills in the meantime and start doing the walking exercises you are lucky that you do not have any fractures
Dr. Cody Mead

In brief: Ribs

You could definitely have some bruised ribs.
They wouldn't show up on X-ray or immediate CT, but they definitely take a long time to heal. It's just a thought. Hope this helps. Feel better soon.

In brief: Ribs

Dr. Cody Mead
Dr. Cody Mead
Dr. Adam Levy